guided off-road tours
Rotor Adventures offer a diverse selection of professionally guided trail riding experiences in Europe. All abilities are catered for and no matter what you ride or your experience; we will tailor your package accordingly.
who is a european tour for?
Trail riding is for anyone who holds a ‘full motorcycle license’.
Our Trail Riding European Experience is tailored to suit the more experienced rider, looking to challenge their off-road ability, whilst experiencing the adventure and freedom, which can be experienced in certain parts of Europe.
The Rotor Adventures European Experience arranges structured off-road trail riding in the French Alpine Region during the months of May – September and in Portugal from October to April, where the wonderful terrain and climatic conditions have their maximum impact.
am I able to do it?
When discussing your experience or booking, make it clear what you would like to achieve and which category you would feel most comfortable fitting into;
- An intermediate rider will have a sound basic off-road skills base, knowledge & ability. You will need to have the capability to ride potentially challenging terrain for 4-6hrs over the duration of a working day
- An expert rider is competent and confident in off-road riding, rides on a regular basis on a variety of terrain and is physically conditioned to the sport
Rotor Adventures European Experience is structured over a period of 2 and 4 day packages
what do I get for my money?
Rotor Adventures Limited is a professional, qualified and experienced off-road motorcycle service company, providing our customers with tailored off-road adventure experiences in the UK, Europe and North Africa for over 20 years.
- You will have access to qualified Auto Cycle Union (ACU) Off-Road Instructors
- Key and experienced Rotor Adventures personnel to guide you throughout, whilst incorporating local knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of adventure riding and off-road endurance competition
- All guides are medically trained and DBS checked
- Hire of modern, insured, off-road motorcycles and full protective equipment
- Third party liability insurance
- Accommodation can be arranged
- Transport and Shipping of own motorcycle and gear can be arranged
- Food and refreshments during activity
- Fuel for your motorcycle during activity
- Advice and expert knowledge throughout
- Discounts for multiple package purchases
what should I expect?
Your European Experience will be over a 2 to 4 day period, based around a sociable, fun, challenging and a safe trail riding experience.
You will be in a friendly and dedicated environment with the experience of Rotor Adventures and their staff, along with local guides and their extensive knowledge.
You will have a professional guided service from the Rotor Adventures Team, with expert advice to assist you throughout your experience.
You will need to concentrate for lengthy periods and ride an off-road motorcycle for 4-6hrs, over the duration of a working day and expect to cover between 60-100 miles. You will be expected to ride technical and challenging terrain.
You will experience the freedom certain countries and regions of Europe offer to off-road motorcycling, where you can ride in a wide and varied terrain from the stunning beaches and mountains of Portugal to the high exposed alpine region of France.
do I need to prepare for the european experience?
The European Experience offers a different aspect to off-road trail riding, which you cannot experience in the UK. The French Alpine Region provides high mountain riding through what would be ski areas in the winter, whilst Portugal has a relaxed attitude to land use and provides an extensive riding network opportunity, from sea to mountains.
To take part in the Rotor Adventures European Experience, you will need to be an intermediate or expert trail rider, with a sound knowledge regarding basic off-road motorcycle skills and techniques.
For those that may have the opportunity, it is ideal to ensure your fitness levels are at an adequate level to ride off-road for 2 days, refresh your riding techniques and if using your own motorcycle and gear, make sure everything is in a sound working condition.
can I use my own motorcycle & gear?
Yes. You can use your own motorcycle with your own gear and you don’t have to hire from Rotor Adventures. We will transport your motorcycle to and from either the French Alpine Region or Portugal if required.
Make sure your motorcycle and gear is in a good serviceable condition and road worthy.